<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

(a chance to die)

orange cones block us from the construction.
red road signs along the path to destruction.
you throw yourself at the yellow lines;
cars swerve and leave you standing there alive.
I’m glad they never happened,
the things you had in mind,
coz my chest would feel empty,
and I’d probably drink myself blind.
xXx
did you turn back to the straight edge?
did your parents find another bloody wedge,
that you dug into your beauty
for fear that you might lose me?
but, you don’t have to worry,
I’d never leave you hollow-chested or alone.
coz I know what that’s like;
to be unhated, yet alone;
to pick up the phone
to nothing but a lonely dial tone,
everyday that you live
not knowing what it is that you did.
xXx
I know that feeling,
scribbling down words on white cards,
then tearing them up,
coz reading it back is just too hard.
and leaving that note,
explaining a complicated why;
when you had every chance to live,
you just wanted a chance to die.
xXx

chorus
I’ll never call your bluff
I’ll never tell a lie
coz there’s no part of me
that wants to see you die

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?