<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

desperation is meaningless
when you’ve got
everything you wanted
solid or hollow
material or spiritual
and everything those monkeys did
I swear I’ll do better
I’ll show you that I’m the greatest kid
ever
light all the candles, then your cigarette
please give me the chance
I swear I won’t forget
you like your drink deep purple
and refrigerated
and your mix a little exaggerated
but, now, I’m sick of tearing up
old clothes for you
I’m exhausted by
your sarcastic mood
say if you want it
I’ll go and grab it
this is what I get
for falling for you
if you were digging those holes
for the reasons I think you were
please let us turn away and run
I’ll still tell you where we are

the sullen bunch
picks from the apple orchard
but you gotta admit
it’s still rather unfortunate
my eyes were turned away
I swear
I’d never do such a thing
please, not the chair
I want you to know
I’ve made up my mind
it not coming back
if you send it there again
and I’m not something
you’ll easily find
I once ran track
started smoking again

so will you tell them?
or do I tell all your friends
the stupid things
that you did.
that gun we had
I emptied every chamber
but the last one
this I call my savior
I spun it shut
and left it where it was
you thought it was empty
point it at me, then back at your head
but there’s one chance left
you stick it in your mouth
isn’t such a great idea
but this is my plan
to make you leave
it’s not very good
the kids might get
hurt along the way
you let it click five times
and all I can do is say
“keep pulling, keep pulling”
and all the girls around the block
will know what happened
a minute after a single shot
they’ll hear one of us laughing

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?