<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

How long have I been married to my pain.
You can strike and strike, but I’ll never come back again.
You’re turning your eyes onto me, to attract the scent.
As it turns your nostrils, and fills you full
You white away the memories and deny the symmetries
And leave me in this mask of wool
I’d listen to your life’s story at least a thousand times
If you could open your heart to an enemy
But playing these games with our minds is tiring
I hope you don’t truly realize what you’re doing to me
Burn these questions into the palm of my hand
I trace your name out in the sand
And in a way, it acts as a megaphone
To the world
Announcing to all that I am unbalanced and alone.

My clothes were damp
And your skirt was tight
Sweet memories still remain
Of that night
That we spent unalone, welcomed in a family
An Ireland in a bar, that could never be more kind.
Like a commune I was accepted,
yet like a lame horse, still rejected
we went out to sit in the car,
project these words for a while
in my mind, I remember it as a bloody war trial
we are both the accused
we are both the accuser
when you got out and walked away
I’ve never felt more like the loser
I am..
I never touched you,
You swore you didn’t really like that
I never meant to hurt you
You had this planned, you set this trap

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?