<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

(I won’t understand)

and it’s the ecstasy
of the sky above me
and everyday is never again the same
new telephone rings
for off-the-hook celebrations
of apathy
and unused sheets
that lay hidden

your humor is instantaneous
with the world that surrounds you
but you care for a pause
something to sink your teeth into
but the tape is breaking up
and I’m losing you
where are… you???

* long ago you left her
c but alone at night you shiver
h and goose bumps fill your brain
o your telephone never rings
r her quivered hands can’t stroke the dial
u while her words lay unspoken
s your tears will keep you choking
* but I won’t understand

you’re choking on the oxygen
that you refused to breathe
your fingernails are broken
you’ve been clawing your way away from me
(I won’t understand, I won’t understand)
now that you’re falling to pieces
you send her a letter of treaty
(but she can’t open it, but she can’t open it)
she places it in a cave
under a pile of your clothes
(between furniture and her dirty floor)
together, you will make a tragic couple
when you’re both dead
(her hand’s quivering, and I don’t understand)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?