<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

“Indifferent Girl”
there’s this girl that I know, and she is indifferent to me.
I stare at her for long periods before anyone else notices
and I know it’s kinda weird.
plastic snow fills the windows of the hip hangout where I was
she is oblivious to the world outside enough
that I sat down next to her and said hello
she finally looked at me
she’s everything I thought she was…
now she’s wearing my glasses
and everything might be okay.
but one day, a few months later, we’re sitting at the same table in that hip hangout and it’s not all it used to be, but it still means the world to me.
she’s not up to smiling and her lips don’t take to kissing
she isn’t talking but I’m still here listening.
then she got up and walked away
leaving me
sitting here with nothing to do
I look around and see all the staring eyes fixated on me
I think she made a scene.
I walk home to the sunset and go up to my room to forget the events of the day
and everyway I thought it would work out, but they all involved me opening my mouth.
and that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.
there’s this indifferent girl sitting across the room from me.
even though she’s ignoring my every move, she still means the world to me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?