<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

Leaving in the Middle of the Game

In the very back of your head, if you don’t know why,
then I deserve to die in this bed where I lie tonight.
If I’m a creep, well then, I’m a creep.
You’re the one who’s judging me.
I’d forgotten you and the pain your memory brings.
But in my drawers, god knows why, I found so many things:
a bracelet you’re obsessed with my returning
songs I’ve kept myself from burning
(The emotions continue churning.)

Letters I had written on the tiniest scraps of paper;
not one of them was true.
And underneath it all, I found a picture of you.
Everything we did, everything we enjoyed
slips slowly now, into the void
You were greatly used and abused.
by a boy you thought had proved
that he loved you and would do anything.
But now you’re never returning.

This misuse has made you afraid.
You can’t take back the love you gave.
And your tank is on empty (running on empty).
with little or no incentive
You’re stepping out of this dance,
willing to lose romance.

With little or no incentive
Your tank is running on empty.
You’re stepping out of this dance.
It looks like we’re losing our last chance.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?