<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

Leaving Your Hallway At Three In The Morning

What would you say if I carved up my wrists?
And traced out your forehead with my kiss?
And if you want me to I could leave you by tonight.
The space my face once occupied would be turned to white.
(All our pictures would be burned)

It’s just, lately all the voices in my head
Are telling me that I should be dead

And I made you in a perfect lie
You’re the tall brunette with the single glass eye
So, Jenny, please give me a kiss
(And remember) I never meant to leave you like this

I’m on the corner of my block
I’m standing in the traffic the cars are all stopped
I’m lying on the pavement, burning, cold, and black
I’m face down on my stomach, screaming (I want you back)

I’m counting out all the times I’ve failed
Telling them to the full moon
All my letters are in the mail.
They’ll be there for you to throw away soon.

And with this condensed message
I leave you in your sleep
And now I leave your hallway
To do this evil deed
I hope you’ll never have to see me again.
I hope you’ll never see…

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?