<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040409

Misconstrued MAchine

a misconstrued and utterly abused ideology
has been in charge of raising me
since around the ninth year of my life.
the anger slides about, inside me, like a knife.
I give my best to hold it in
the same place where the reason is.
anger forced, will keep reason company.
they can play monopoly.
I wonder, who will win?
but, the sky is filled with shades of grey,
and the outlook’s colored basically the same.
capitalism is entrusted
to the most unsuitable of people.
ideas are bought, twisted, and wronged,
and sold at the most profitable cost.
mother has seen the worst of this;
her own child raised emotionless
by a machine she helped create,
but unwillingly can’t control.
mother, it’s not your fault.

and the answers to my inquiry
are not the kind meant to make me happy.
they build me a truth; the truth they display
the kind that could be disproved any given day
and all they’ve got to say, is that I’m fucking crazy
much worse. no, it’s much more deadly
than the crudely-versed passenger train
incessantly plowing itself through my brain
powered by the fire that’s kept burning
by the medicine they force upon me,
in return for my honesty.

calendar pages fall like leaves to the sea.
the future remains like the bare branches of the tree.
a beautiful and twisted silhouette in the night.
the birds rest on those unattainable heights.
they steer clear around the bend, keeping high above our sins.
perched on that branch where the fruit Adam ate would’ve been.
and to this day,
it would have remained,
an emblem of our ignorance.
I could have ate bacon with the pigs.
no point in sight, for us to pray at night.
and the pigs could eat human flesh with me,
as reason foots the bill, it’s all you can eat for free.
but, now, that chance is just a thing for which I long,
I make my home from those branches that dropped.
sleeping in the cold, a light kiss warms my lips
in a dream of a girl I knew I had missed.
I ignored her angst and left her to her fate.
and, with flesh, covered up the tiny hole
where she was placed by a well-timed fall.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?