<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

The night is open and I can’t seem to find peace
on a park bench, I’m “homeless” to say the least
the problem stretches further than the eye can see
I’ve trained myself just not to give a damn
this cold heartless heartbreaker is who I am.
if this is how you spend your nights now,
drinking the cold off your back,
then I bet you’re a bore when you’re sober
crying and all, it’s just how our type act
Screaming “it’s over…”


So this is what honesty is…

I’ve taken to smoking, not a drinker, not a man.
the amount of pressure you launch is more than I can stand.
I remain standing out here, alone at your front door.
curled in a ball, wishing to settle the score
If the last thing you do is to call me worthless.
then you deem all my efforts pointless.
well, I don’ know why I do this.
you’ve overtaken my mind.
I’ve never felt a love of this kind.
it’s like when I was ten years old,
I hated all the girls.
I hated them because I knew they didn’t like me.
they thought I was ugly.
Nobody trusted me.
Nobody loved me.
and then add the fact that
you act like you were into me
it made things work a little differently
I let my guard down.
I let you slip in through the back door,
and you ripped out my heart
with your solid glass eyes
you wouldn’t give it back
no matter how hard I tried.
And the major mistake
I made
was letting someone get to me
I let you into me
I swore to never let it happen again
but now after it’s been such a long time
and my soul’s had time to unwind
I’m letting it happen again
you’re empty shoes are finally being taken
and you’ll never be half the woman that she is.
you never gave half the effort she gives.

So this is what honesty is…

This is my last cry out to you.
And I never meant to leave you like this
And whatever you do, remember you had me
in the palm of your hand. in the grasp of your eye
I made mistakes, you made mistakes
I did what it takes to win a girl back
You refused the calling
And now your picture’s falling down.

So this is what honesty is…

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?