<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20040405

Tonight I’ll be Alone
Today I meet my match. Today I found my own ending.
Today I find no messages worth comprehending.
Today I lose myself. Today I lose those nights.
Yesterday I didn’t pay my electric, so they cut off my lights.
Today is the death of all this innocence
In a world that never made much sense
I lost myself.
Tonight, the static shimmers off the street light
Through my window furthering my insight
Only now do I realize the depth of my plights
I just want to get a decent amount of sleep.
Today I wake up early. Today I wake up tired.
Today I walk into work early on time to find myself fired.
Today I lose myself. Today I lost my rights.
Today I win my spirit, today I lose the fight.
Yesterday, I did not make the cut.
so today my wrist will take another on.
I lost myself.
cut through static, tonight, on my way home.
cut the light, tonight I’ll be alone.
phone is disconnected. tonight I expect no call but one.
cut the light, tonight I think I’ll be alone.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?